SCREEN PRINTING FOR DECORATION ON GLASS
Screen printing on glass is the main technique in which Cerve has always excelled. Thanks to the engineering of the group (Tecno5), we internally produce numerically controlled electronic screen printing machines that allow us to push the use of this technology where competitors, with traditional machines, cannot reach.
Screen printing on glass is a direct printing technology and takes place through a process of passing the color through a screen printing frame. It can take place through ceramic or organic colors: the former, to perpetually adhere to the glass, pass in the annealing lehr at high temperatures (around 600 ° C) while the latter at lower temperatures (150 ° C) due to the different composition.
The Cerve company is able to screen print on all hollow glass: perfume bottles, bottles, glasses, containers for cosmetics, etc.
According to several studies, the advantages of this printing technique are many:
– Screen printing on glass enhances the brand identity by making the brand more recognizable.
– The screen-printed glass product is hardly eliminated: it remains in the homes of consumers because it is perceived as an object of greater quality and aesthetics; in this way the visibility of the brand is prolonged over time.
– Screen printing on glass has excellent mechanical resistance: the decoration in fact does not scratch and does not deteriorate. This peculiarity makes it preferable to the label in many situations.
– Screen printing, as a decoration on glass, remains imprinted over time as it is an integral part of the container.
– Screen printing on glass is an eco-friendly technology since, unlike plastic sleeves, it makes it easier to recycle glass.
– Thanks to screen printing we can screen-print logos, drawings and writings on glass in a very clean and detailed way: this allows beverage producers (wine, liqueurs, oil, beer and spirits) ample freedom to customize the pack. Today, in fact, the producers of the beverage sector are focusing on high-impact packaging to make their products recognizable on the premises and on the shelves of the points of sale.